From someone who hates heavy creams and the gross, pore-clogging feeling it gives me….serums are my best friend. I started buying (*ahem, reviewing) serums and found that I really really love them. I found the one thing they all have in common:
What is Hyaluronic Acid? I’ll sum it up for you.
- It’s naturally occurring in the body
- Babies have a lot of hyaluronic acid in their skin which gives the soft, young, dewy feel
- It’s great for ALL types of skin
- One gram can hold up to six liters of water- think of how much moisture it can hold in your skin!
- It firms, plumps, moisturizes, and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles
Need I say more?
This powerful ingredient is in serums and moisturizers at all price points. From $80/bottle to $12/bottle. They all have the same ingredient: Hyaluronic acid.
Guess what? You can make your own Hyaluronic Acid for a FRACTION of the price!
For the price of ONE bottle of Hyaluronic Serum, you can make 120 bottles of your own with 2 ingredients.
2 Tbps Distilled Water
1/8 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
Mix together in a dropper bottle and store in fridge. It will gel within a few hours and voila! You’re done. And you saved a crapton of money. You can get fancy and add preservatives, vitamin C, or other things to your serum if you want. I would stay away from essential oils if you use the serum around your eyes, though.