This is a staple at my house. I saw a similar recipe online a few years ago and it was an instant hit with my kids. Over the years, we have tweaked the recipe to be easier, quicker, and more delicious.
Here’s all it is:
1 cup oatmeal (I use quick oats)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Jiffy Natural)
1/2 cup flax seed meal (gotta sneak in that fiber!)
1/2 cup Chocolate chips (I like the mini’s but regular size are great too)
1/3 cup honey
Mix everything together, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then roll into balls and keep in the fridge. These will go super fast, I promise. They’re a great fast breakfast or after school snack. I didn’t know what they were called, so my son named them Amazeballs. And they’ve been known as Amazeballs ever since.
This is one of the many recipes we use with honey. Honey is an absolute necessity in our house. My favorite honey is Nature Nates (see below) in its raw form. Why raw? The flavor is so much better, and all the benefits of raw honey is still in there.
Honey has AMAZING health benefits:
- It’s a great source of antioxidants
- It can kill unwanted bacteria and sickness. We use it to stop colds and prevent sickness every year.
- Filled with phytonutrients
- Honey is great for digestive issues such as ulcers to help heal and sooth the stomach
- Honey is a great sugar substitute
- Soothes sore and scratchy throats
- Can help lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol